Sabu's favorite thing in life is probably food (sparing his family.) He loves the outdoors, flying, and hoarding anything shiny he can get his hands on. In general, he's a pretty happy go lucky guy, albeit naive and sometimes dangerously curious about human culture. While he's not the most intelligent creature, he's not completely dumb
either, just a bit ditzy. In addition to being able to fly, he breathes blue fire, can transform himself into a human at whim, and can create small puffs of frost.
I rp Sabu in a medieval fantasy setting, and he mostly keeps to the woods or the mountains. He varies between being pretty chubby/overweight in the summer/more rich seasons, and being relatively trim / muscular in the winter. You can draw him either way, or even in his human form if you're feeling adventurous.
As some of my watchers probably know, his build and body type have matured lately, so any former art of him is probably not the best to use for reference.
But please don't feel discouraged if you're still learning or not the best artist- I'm looking for mood and integrity most of all instead of pure, eye searing realism or something - I like things that breathe with character and emotion. Stylization and experimentation are totally awesome too!
I love both traditional and digital media, but please, if you choose to draw traditional, I'd prefer that it be clean and visible. (In a good quality scan)
June 30th Prizes:
has a choice of either: $50 and one full litter breeding to any
of my Tokotas
- including starters (Nanook, Rhaegar etc) - (excluding recents such as Fenrir, Sabu, Jasper, Zhenjin and Fawx)or
, sent via Paypal (or 10,000
if preferred) 2nd place
has a choice of a POTL breeding to any of my Tokotas
- - (excluding recents such as Fenrir, Sabu, Jasper, Zhenjin and Fawx).or
sent via Paypal (or 4,000
if preferred) 3rd place
will receive 30,000TT in Tokotas
sent via Paypal (or 1000
if preferred) every participant who did not place
will receive 1000 TT if you are part of the Tokotas
I will judge this alone based on the entries I found most exciting/unique/true to Sabu. For the winning entries, I will give a detailed description of why I chose the piece. Rules:
- Absolutely no tracing or referencing from pre-existing artwork, I want it to be original and from scratch.
- I'm not really looking for sketches - I want finished, clean, quality work.
- I will keep all entered pieces as art for Sabu; if you're not okay with this, please don't enter.
- Collaborations are absolutely fine and welcome, but please know that prizes -if won- will be split between both artists.
- Please stay true to his personality!
- No mature themes / gore / nasty stuff, please.
When you've finished an entry, please link me in the comments below!
I would also love it if you wanted to throw Fawx in there with him!